Basketball Player Quincy Douby Behind on Child Support

Yet another celebrity has been accused of falling behind on child support payments. Former NBA basketball player Quincy Douby is reported to be $15,000 behind on his payments to support the 5-year-old daughter he has with ex-girlfriend Tanya Raymond.

While he does not play for the NBA anymore, Douby gets plenty of income from playing basketball overseas. In fact, he is a millionaire, having made $2 million just last year while playing basketball in China. But that does not stop him from being thousands of dollars behind on child support. He did say he currently pays about $1500 per month to help support his daughter.

Not surprisingly, his ex is desperate to collect what she is owed. In fact, she claims her daughter now has Medicaid because she cannot afford health insurance alone on her income as a substitute teacher. In addition, Douby got an apartment for her and their daughter. However, he stopped paying rent shortly after his ex moved in, causing her to have to move herself and her child in with her parents.

While Douby claims his ex only cares about money, her lawyer claims otherwise. He says she is entitled to about 17 percent of Douby’s income so she can raise her daughter. For this reason, she has asked to get $15,000 per month from Douby. Since going to court, Douby has claimed he will pay what he owes, but he maintains that his ex is too focused on the money. He also claims he has been paying child support regularly, just not $15,000 worth. He does say he has provided for all her needs since she was born.

Many celebrities are reported to have fallen behind on child support payments, or even argue that they should not be required to pay the amount they have been ordered to pay. However, this kind of behavior is not limited to celebrities. If you are having trouble getting what you are owed in child support, you should hire a lawyer, much like the ex-wives and ex-girlfriends of celebrities do.

On the other hand, if you disagree with the amount of child support you are supposed to pay, rather than simply ignoring the court order and not paying, you should get a lawyer and go to court. You may be able to come to a compromise and reduce the amount you have to pay every month. At the very least, you can avoid jail and other penalties that you will face when you just ignore a court order to pay child support. We at Brian D. Perskin & Associates P.C. have represented clients who either owed child support or were owed money, so we invite you to call us for legal advice.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top