Joe Piscopo Behind on Child Support

Actor/comedian Joe Piscopo was recently ordered by a judge to pay $10,000 to his ex-wife, Kimberly Driscoll. She is his second wife and the mother of his three children. Her lawyer has said Joe’s late child support payments have caused Kimberly to fall behind on bills, including rent and utilities.

But Joe’s attorney has claimed he does not have the kind of money he is ordered to pay because he lacks steady income as an actor. One of the last well-known gigs he had was Saturday Night Live, which he left in 1984. However, Kimberly’s attorney insists she has proof he has in fact been working and making a fine living, and simply does not want to pay child support.

After Kimberly filed for divorce from her husband in 2006, Joe was ordered to pay $5000 per month in child custody, along with $10,000 per month in alimony so his ex and the children could continue living a lifestyle similar to the one they had during the marriage. It appears that has not happened since Joe has fallen behind on payments by $30,000. In fact, not too long ago, he was behind by about $50,000, but he has been paying his former wife lately in an attempt to get caught up.

The judge ordered Joe to pay at least $10,000 by the end of December. Otherwise, a warrant for his arrest will be issued. In addition, he has to pay his ex-wife an extra $50 per week to help him get caught up on payments. It remains to be seen whether Joe can afford this amount and will be able to avoid jail or other penalties.

If you owe child support or alimony and have been threatened with a warrant for your arrest if you do not pay, you need a lawyer. Simply ignoring requests for payment is the worst thing you can do. If you cannot afford the proposed amount, you should contact an attorney so you can appeal the court order. If you are unemployed or underemployed, you may be able to get the amount reduced until you get a job or the amount of hours you need.

Similarly, if your ex has fallen behind on child support, leaving you without money to pay the bills, you need an experienced law firm. At Brian D. Perskin & Associates P.C., we can get the attention of your ex. He or she will have to answer to a judge after falling behind on payments. In many cases, a judge can request your ex pay the owed amount in one lump sum or in payments. This can ensure you get the support you need to pay the bills as soon as possible. If you need help getting what you are owed, call our firm at 646-759-9392 or 718-875-7584.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top